- 1/2 kg Chicken
- 1 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 3 spoons of coconut powder
- 1 Tsp of coriander powder
- 4 Green chilli
- Sufficient Poodina Leaves
- 2 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Sufficiet salt
- 3 Tsp of Red chilli powder
- Finely Chopped onions
- Sufficient curry leaves
- Sufficient oil
- Marinating Chicken – Add 2 Tsp of Red Chilli Powder, Sufficient salt, Drops of Oil, Half Tsp of Turmeric Powder, One Tsp of Ginger garlic paste – Mix the chicken nicely for one or two minutes and allow to marinate for atleast 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat the pan, add little oil, curry leaves, green chili, and onions for tempering.
- Add coconut powder, turmeric and ginger garlic paste. Saute them nicely.
- Add marinated chicken, mix it properly, then here comes the stage of preparing gravy.
- Put the plate on pan and add water into it as shown in below, allowing for 3 to 4 minutes in medium flame.
- Well this is the traditional way of preparing gravy the reason to add water on this lid is, as the time goes on, once the water present on the lid becomes hot, inside the pan sweating will be started. Then a moisture is formed which actually creates a steam and pressure inside the pan. At the end of the day water will be generated from chicken pieces which finally becomes gravy naturally.
- After 3 or 4 minutes add sufficient salt and One Tsp of red chili powder, then allow chicken to cook for 3 more minutes in medium flame.
- Now once the gravy is formed, add the hot water present on lid if you want more gravy.
- Mix it nicely, then add coriander powder, and allow for final 2 minutes in low flame.
- That’s it add coriander leaves, chicken curry is ready to serve.
Delicious Chicken Curry (Natural Gravy) – Video